2021 CALL FOR BRANDS
SELL YOUR PRODUCTS WITH US
VIRTUAL HOLIDAY MARKET | HOLIDAY SHOPPING e-GUIDE | ECOMMERCE | WHOLESALE
STEP 1 - YOU FOUND OUR CALL FOR BRANDS PAGE - WELCOME!
STEP 2 - COMPLETE OUR SURVEY
- Well-made, commercially viable products designed by you - no buy/sell imports or reselling - with preference to products manufactured in Chicago and USA and highly creative objects (not necessarily heavy on regional themes like a Chicago flag, for example) in the following categories: Accessories, Apparel, Art, Beauty, Gifts, Home, Paper, and Pets
- Your brand is active on social media and will cross-promote us when we work together; you list us as a Stockist, follow us, friend us, and repost
- Your product is ready for retail: you have professional high resolution photos, well-written product descriptions for e-commerce, and have the ability to dropship to customers within 1-2 days of an order
STEP 3 - SHARE YOUR LINE SHEET
- Pop-Ups: Booth fees to participate in our pop-ups vary based on the cost of the venue and production. These fees are announced with the Call for Brands for each program, usually between $75 - 325. HOW TO: Fill out our SURVEY and then email us with your line sheet and interest in popping up with us.
- Retail/ecommerce: It's a revenue share model for e-commerce. Brands share revenue generated from the sale of their product on shopsmallchicago.co. Shop Small Chicago maintains listings, facilitates the sale, and sends a prepaid label and dropship order after each sale with weekly payouts. HOW TO: Fill out the SURVEY and then email us with your line sheet and interest in selling with us.
- Wholesale: we are not taking wholesale orders for retail in 2021
- Our 2021 pop-ups are called MAD for Chicago and hosted by Sheraton Grand Chicago on the Chicago River
- Shop Small Chicago e-commerce store is Shopsmallchicago.co
- We design and manufacture accessories as Shop Small Chicago, Marketplace for American Design (MAD), and Tonya Gross Millinery
- 2021 update: we have decided not to open our retail store at the Chicago Riverwalk Marketplace for the season due to the ongoing pandemic. Sorry, no wholesale opportunities for now
We prefer an email communication through our CONTACT US page over DMs on social media. Like the brands we work with, we are small and wearing many hats too (yea, the stylish ones we make tho).
2021 CALLS FOR BRANDS
VIRTUAL HOLIDAY MARKET
DEADLINE December 5, 2021
HOW TO APPLY Complete SURVEY, send line sheet, sign Brand Agreement, share 2 professional hi-res photos of up to 3 products + logo. We review materials and select products based on quality + originality.
ELIGIBLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES Accessories, Apparel, Beauty, Consumer Packaged Goods (food and beverages), Gift, Home/Decor, Paper, Pets. Products should be high quality, commercially viable, designed by you, and need not be Chicago-themed. You must be ready to ship your items within 1-2 business days. No exceptions.
HOLIDAY GIFT SHOPPING e-GUIDE
MAD for Chicago Holiday Gift Shopping e-Guide provides shoppers an electronic, editorial view of local brands and products with links to purchase in the GIFTS section of our e-commerce site. The Guide is curated from holiday listings and will be shared with local media, provide content for email newsletters to consumers, and branded content on our website and social media pages to encourage traffic and sales on the Shop Small Chicago website. Brands opting to list products in our MAD for Chicago Virtual Holiday Market are eligible for this program.
DEADLINE Oct 27 (note that this is associated with the Virtual Market but has an earlier deadline.)
HOW TO APPLY Complete SURVEY, send line sheet, sign Brand Agreement, share 2 professional hi-res photos of up to 3 products + logo. We review materials and select products based on quality + originality. We confirm via email.
HOW IT WORKS You submit listings to participate in the VIRTUAL HOLIDAY MARKET and tell us you would like to be included in a SECOND category, GIFT. We retain exclusive rights to select products for this guide. There is no fee to participate.There is an additional % of revenue share to be included in both of these programs.
Brand montage: products listed on shopsmallchicago.co, stocked at Shop Small Chicago retail store, or MAD for Chicago events, 2019 - 2021
DEADLINES Both events have limited booth capacity. Early bird booth discount ends Nov 11 for the December 11/12 event.
HOW TO APPLY Complete SURVEY, share 2 professional hi-res photos of products + logo. We send link to purchase booth. If you have worked with us before, you are welcome to secure your booth using the links in the next section.
ELIGIBLE PRODUCT CATEGORIES Accessories, Apparel, Beauty, Consumer Packaged Goods (food and beverages), Gift, Home/Decor, Paper, Pets. Products should be high quality, commercially viable, designed by you, and need not be Chicago-themed.
WHAT YOU DO
- Commit to help promote the event to your networks
- Agree to follow all covid-19 safety protocols as outlined by the CDC, state and city of Chicago
- Load-in/out in the designated area and set up and manage your own booth
- Process your transactions and collect and pay appropriate taxes
- Bring vertical signage only please; no easel/tripod signs that could trip up guests
- Limit additional unit to a garment rack or vertical sign
- You are responsible for a valid business license with City of Chicago Business Affairs and Consumer Protection and a State of Illinois tax id
- You have business insurance and add the Sheraton Grand Chicago, Shop Small Chicago LLC, and Kinship Company as Additionally Insured or agree to sign our Hold Harmless Waiver if you do not
- Pay the booth fee to participate. We typically offer an early bird discount!
WHAT WE DO
- For MAD for Chicago events, we provide tables, linens, chairs, parking vouchers, marketing, overnight stowage of your products, and 360 degree customer service from us to you, our shoppers, and venue
- We curate a balance of product categories and varied aesthetics so as to create a something-for-everyone market that is free and accessible to the public
- Send you a run of show on where, when, and how to load-in/-out as well as digital assets to share with your networks before the event
NEED HELP STAFFING YOUR POP-UPS?
Contact us. We volunteer as mentors to several academic institutions, non-profits, and economic empowerment programs and love to help inspire other fledgling entrepreneurs and students through our apprenticeship program.