We are a hyperlocal retailer, shopping event production company and USA-made accessories manufacturer specializing in curating retail and event spaces with quality products designed by brands based in the Great Lakes and Mid South regions. We recruit, buy, consign and represent hundreds of creative brands - predominantly early stage woman- and minority-owned - and activate direct-to-consumer shopping events and retail in high traffic areas to bring visibility to local brands.
- make it easy for consumers to shop local brands
- develop affordable platforms for artists and designers to access consumers, generate revenue, and build sustainable brands
- consult and partner with other organizations that assist us in efforts to develop a healthy, thriving creative economy
- support other woman-owned businesses and share best practices
- showcase the best products designed and/or manufactured in the Great Lakes region
- promote manufacturing in Chicago and the USA
Shop Small Chicago was founded in 2006 by Tonya Gross, an award-winning accessories designer, program manager, retailer, and event producer. Tonya is a long-time advocate and consultant to creative businesses and local manufacturing initiatives through her work with non-profits, emerging brands, media, and the City of Chicago.
Thank YOU for supporting small businesses!