We are a hyperlocal retailer, shopping event production company and USA-made accessories manufacturer specializing in curating retail and event spaces with quality products designed by American brands. We recruit, buy, consign and represent hundreds of creative brands - predominantly early stage woman- and minority-owned - and activate direct-to-consumer shopping events and retail in high traffic areas to bring visibility to local brands.
- make it easy for consumers to shop local brands
- develop affordable platforms for artists and designers to access consumers, generate revenue, and build sustainable brands
- consult and partner with other organizations that assist us in efforts to develop a healthy, thriving creative economy
- support other woman-owned businesses and share best practices
- showcase the best products designed and/or manufactured in the Great Lakes region
- promote manufacturing in Chicago and the USA
- work with brands that are equally committed to this mission + cross-promoting us + other brands we work with
Shop Small Chicago was founded in 2006 by Tonya Gross, an award-winning accessories designer, program manager, retailer, and event producer. Tonya is a long-time advocate and consultant to creative businesses and on local manufacturing initiatives through her work with non-profits, emerging brands, local media, and the City of Chicago.
If you would like to sell with us via ecommerce, virtual and in-person direct-to-consumer markets, please fill out our SURVEY on the Call for Brands page, sign up for our newsletter, or follow us on social media @shopsmallchicago.
Thank YOU for supporting small businesses!