We are a hyperlocal online retail and pop-up shopping event producer specializing in activating programs that feature quality products designed brands based in the Great Lakes region of the United States.
We recruit, buy, consign and represent hundreds of creative brands - predominantly early stage woman- and minority-owned - and activate direct-to-consumer shopping events and retail in high traffic areas to bring visibility to local brands. We also design and manufacture our own line of accessories, because at the core, we are creative entrepreneurs too.
We love small businesses so much we have made it our business to promote the SHOP SMALL concept.
- make it easy for consumers to shop local brands
- develop affordable platforms for artists and designers to access consumers, generate revenue, and build sustainable brands
- consult and partner with other organizations that assist us in efforts to develop a healthy, thriving creative economy
- support other woman-owned businesses and share best practices
- showcase the best products designed and/or manufactured in the Great Lakes region
- promote manufacturing in Chicago and the USA
- work with brands that are equally committed to this mission + cross-promoting us + other brands we work with
Shop Small Chicago was founded in 2006 by Tonya Gross, an award-winning accessories designer, program manager, retailer, and event producer. Tonya is a long-time advocate of creative businesses and of local manufacturing initiatives through her work with non-profits, emerging brands, local media, and the City of Chicago.
If you would like to sell with us, please fill out our SURVEY on the Call for Brands page, sign up for our newsletter, or follow us on social media @shopsmallchicago.
Thank YOU for supporting small businesses!